Is there an age requirement to apply?
- There is no age requirement to apply. However, My Possibilities day programming is for adults ages 18 and over. Incoming HIPsters must have reached their 18 birthday before their first day of enrollment.
- This age requirement may not apply to support services or summer programs.
What are the next steps to apply?
- Schedule a tour.
- Complete the online application and submit the $250 application fee.
- Application appointment.
- Connect with any support Services needed as discussed in the application appointment.
- Complete the intake appointment and submit the $250 enrollment fee.
What types of payment does My Possibilities accept?
- Medicaid Waiver Funding:
- Health & Community-Based Services (HCS)
- Texas Home Living (TxHmL)
- Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS)
- Deaf-Blind and Multiple Disabilities (DBMD)
- Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF)
- Texas Workforce Solutions – Vocational Rehabilitation (select programs)
- Private Pay
What is the cost of tuition?
- Tuition is based on the number of programs a HIPster attends on a weekly basis.
Is MP a year-round program?
Do you ever age out of the program?
Does my adult have to be under guardianship?
- No, HIPsters in any MP program may be their own guardian.
School for Lifelong Learning
What kind of classes are offered in the School of Lifelong Learning?
- The School of Lifelong Learning offers a wide range of classes. Our core classes emphasize areas such as Independent Living Basics, Community Independence, Leadership, and Self-Advocacy.
What are the criteria to be accepted to this program?
- There are four key areas assessed when an application is received:
- Independence in toileting
- History of eloping
- Past or current violent behavior
- Arrest record and criminal history
Do you accept behaviors?
- Yes, we assess behaviors on a case-by-case basis to ensure the safety and success of all HIPsters in our programs.
How long can you stay in the program?
- Indefinitely, as long as the HIPster can continue to succeed in our program.
Employment Innovations School, powered by Bread Financial
What kind of classes are offered in the Employment Innovations School?
- The Employment Innovations School, powered by Bread Financial offers classes to increase job readiness and vocational skill. We offer three levels of instruction: prevocational, general vocational, and industry-specific vocational training.
In which industries do you offer vocational training?
- Retail (available Oct. 2023)
- Culinary Arts (available Oct.2023)
- Facilities (available Oct. 2023)
- Administrative Support (coming soon)
- Technology (coming soon)
- Hospitality (coming soon)
How long is the industry-specific vocational training?
- While coursework is at least nine (9) months long, we recognize that some HIPsters may require additional time or support in order to become proficient in the industry’s knowledge and skills.
What are the criteria for acceptance to this program?
- All applicants interested in attending the Employment Innovations School will participate in a skills-based assessment, which will include work-related tasks and an interview. The results of this assessment can help determine which level of programming is most appropriate for the HIPster. We will re-administer assessments on a regular basis to help determine readiness for advancement.
Is there an attendance requirement for this program?
- HIPsters enrolled in an industry-specific vocational training track will be expected to attend at least four (4) days per week from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- HIPsters enrolled only in the prevocational or general vocational courses are not required to enroll in a specific number of days.
Do you offer certifications?
- Some industry tracks may include an opportunity to acquire one or more certifications related to that field.
- Graduates of the industry tracks will also receive a certificate of completion from My Possibilities.
Is this program accredited?
- No, this vocational training program is not accredited. The industry-specific certification may get endorsed by industry leaders, and graduates will receive a certificate of completion.
Will you help my HIPster get a job after graduation?
- Once a HIPster is job-ready, they will have the option to utilize My Possibilities Career Services to assist with job placement and job coaching, as appropriate.