We hope you enjoy creating these tasty dishes! Send your completed dish to firstname.lastname@example.org for a social media shout out.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup onion, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup canned red enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 cup cheddar/ Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine turkey, egg, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and 1/3 cup enchilada sauce.
- Shape into 1 ½-inch meatballs.
- Place meatballs on the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Carefully remove meatballs and place in a heat-proof serving dish (like a Pyrex pan or a casserole dish).
- Drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce, sprinkle with cheese, and bake an additional 5 – 10 minutes or until meatballs are done and cooked to 165
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro before serving.
- 3 medium size ripe avocados
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and trimmed
- 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 roma tomato
- Halve avocados and remove the pit.
- In a mixing bowl (not glass), add garlic and salt.
- Using a pestle, crush the garlic until a smooth paste forms.
- Scoop the avocados using a spoon and add to the bowl with garlic.
- Using the pestle again, crush the avocados until smooth.
- Halve and core tomato. Dice and add to the bowl with avocados.
- Halve and squeeze the lime.
- Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve with chips or crisp veggies.
MEXICAN CORNBREAD MUFFINS
- 1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can Rotel, mild
- 2 boxes cornbread mix
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a standard 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Turn the stove top on medium high.
- In a non-stick skillet add the ground beef or turkey with the taco seasoning, mix and
- Saute the meat mixture until fully cooked, stirring frequently.
- Drain any extra fat and set the meat mixture aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornbread mix, milk, and eggs (read cornbread package directions for number of eggs needed.
- Add the Rotel, corn, and black beans to the cornbread mixture, mix.
- Lastly, add the shredded cheese and the cooked meat. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, portion the cornbread evenly in each muffin cup.
- Bake until golden brown on top.